Bushbury Hill Community Action Group
Bushbury Hill Community Action Group (BHCAG) is our local charity whose aims are to;
- Educate and support local people to encourage and enable them to tackle health issues by working with local services to provide community based support.
- Support the family unit to create an environment that will enable children and young people in our area to access opportunities. Raising aspirations and addressing low self-esteem will contribute towards a successful and prosperous future.
- Create a clean, green and safe environment across our area, encouraging pride and respect amongst community members.
- Support local people to prosper economically, socially, physically and mentally, enabling people to access information, advice, guidance, training, vocational support, jobs and business opportunities, all contributing towards greater financial inclusion.
We organise a number of events and deliver community programmes throughout the year below are a few examples of this.
School Holiday Activities for children and families
- Easter arts and crafts with bonnet making
- Whitsun week activities
- Halloween pumpkin carving
Children’s Christmas Super Heroes & Princess Party, sponsored by EMB
- With Super Heroes & Princess mascots in abundance
- A Disco
- Party foods & decorations
- Santa also comes for a visit
- The location of choice has been Blackpool the last couple of years
- Family day trip with BHCAG subsidising the cost allowing the trip to be affordable
Pensioner’s Tea Party
- Afternoon Tea for over 60s
- With live entertainment
Over 60s Lunches
- Tenants enjoy a range of lunches
- Disco entertainment has always proved popular
- With a couple rounds of Bingo
Pensioner’s Christmas Meal, sponsored by EMB
- Home cooked Christmas Meal…pudding included!
- Usually catered for 60 tenants
- With a disco to finish off the afternoon
Annual Fun Day, sponsored by EMB
- Now held in August, due to tenant requests
- Fun packed day with face painting & carousels
- Numerous Mascots
- Live entertainment
- Refreshments on sale
- Activities for all ages
How Do I Get Involved?
You do not need any experience to get involved as there are various ways in which you can join in, depending upon the amount of time you have available or the level of involvement you want. For instance you could agree to a 5 minute phone call to give us your views, fill in an online survey, help out at one of our community days, or more regular involvement through our Community Action Group.
To find out more contact: Karen Williams on 01902 552994 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or feel free to contact Kim Payne on 07516726136
Our vision is at the heart of the service we provide to our tenants, we work to a clear set of values.